City Beach Privacy Collection
Privacy Collection Statement
Fewstone Pty Ltd as trustee for the City Beach Trust (ABN 11 885 795 792) and its related bodies corporate (City Beach) is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals and their personal information or personal data (as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) [Privacy Act] in respect of individuals within Australia) or personal data (as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation [GDPR] in respect of individuals in the EU).
Please read this carefully as it will have important consequences for you in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information or personal data or personal data provided to City Beach.
You understand that:
- City Beach is the party who is collecting your personal information or personal data and can be contacted at email@example.com, or alternatively you can write to us at Customer Service, PO Box 2399, Mansfield, Qld, 4122, Australia.
- City Beach will collect your personal information or personal data directly from you. In certain circumstances, City Beach may require to collect personal information or personal data from third parties such as, your financial institution, superannuation fund, referees, medical service providers or emergency services, our contractors, agents, partners, resellers, suppliers or other companies who may be involved in the services provided by City Beach.
City Beach is collecting your personal information or personal data for the purpose of your employment or engagement with City Beach, including but not limited to:
- processing your application for employment or engagement;
- processing your pay (including taxation payments), superannuation payments, leave entitlements, and other functions and activities associated with your employment or engagement with City Beach, including but not limited to any social club activities and employee benefits program;
- administering onsite medical treatment, if required;
- contacting your next of kin in the case of emergency;
- communicating with you in relation to your employment or engagement with City Beach;
- if we have requested that you undertake a drug and alcohol test, reviewing your results to confirm your safe attendance at work, and compliance with our internal policies; and
- any other activities which are reasonably necessary in relation to your employment or engagement with City Beach,
- In some instances we may collect personal information or personal data from you which is unsolicited. To the extent reasonable, we will delete or de-identify any unsolicited personal information or personal data. However, due to the nature of our IT system, if you use City Beach’s IT system to send or receive personal emails we will be unable to remove any personal information or personal data which is backed up and stored on our servers. You acknowledge and you agree to your personal information or personal data being collected and stored by City Beach as described above.
If we do not collect this personal information or personal data in connection with the purposes in paragraph 3, then:
- depending on the omitted information, we may be unable to perform activities in connection with your employment or engagement, such as processing your pay or invoice, superannuation or leave entitlements (as applicable); and
- you may be unable to commence your employment or engagement with City Beach.
Your personal information or personal data may be disclosed to the following classes of people and organisations in connection with the purposes in paragraph 3:
- City Beach, its personnel and related entities;
- your financial institution and our financial institution;
- third parties, such as third party referees, recruitment agencies, insurance companies, employee benefit service providers, relevant Worker’s Compensation organisation (e.g. WorkCover, Alliance, etc);
- government agencies, including but not limited to the Australian Taxation Office, Centrelink, the Department of Human Services and other government departments;
- third party parties in connection with obtaining any background checks and pre-employment screening;
- our contractors, agents or third party providers of City Beach who may be involved in the goods and services provided by City Beach; and
- It is possible that some of the information collected for the purpose of your employment or engagement by City Beach may be disclosed to City Beach’s related bodies corporate or service providers outside of Australia. You consent to your information being disclosed to a destination outside Australia for this purpose, including but not limited to Singapore, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, Hong Kong, the United States and the Philippines, and you understand and acknowledge that Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures of your personal information or personal data.
Please note: This statement is not a term of your employment contract and is not contractually binding on City Beach. It is a statutory prescribed document under the Privacy Act and GDPR, and will apply in connection with your employment or engagement with City Beach.
Where you are engaged by City Beach from a location within the European Union, City Beach is required to provide the following additional information to you:
- City Beach is processing your personal data in the furtherance of the prospective or ongoing engagement of you by City Beach in an employment or contractor capacity.
Your personal data collected in accordance with this statement will be stored until the expiry of 12 months from the later of:
- the date of termination of your engagement or employment with us; and
- where you apply for employment or engagement by us but are not successful in that application: the date you receive our decision.
- The transfer of your personal data to entities in Singapore, Hong Kong, the United States and the Philippines is protected by way of contractual obligations between City Beach and each of these entities safeguarding the security of your personal data.
Under the GDPR, you are entitled to:
- (access) request access to your personal data held by City Beach;
- (rectification) request to update or rectify any of the personal data that we hold about you by contacting us at the details specified above and request personal data updates;
- (erasure) request erasure of your personal data that we hold, where that data is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected;
(restriction on processing) obtain from City Beach a restriction on processing of your personal data where:
- the accuracy of the personal data is contested;
- the processing by City Beach of the personal data is unlawful (and you oppose erasure but request restriction of use);
- City Beach no longer needs your personal data; or
- you have objected to processing pursuant to your right to object under Article 21(1) of the GDPR;
(data portability) request that City Beach:
- provides you with a copy of the personal data that City Beach holds about you in a portable and machine readable form; or
- share your personal data with a nominated third party.
- City Beach does not engage in any automated decision-making (such as profiling) in respect of your personal data.
- If you have any concerns in relation to City Beach’s collection or processing of your personal data pursuant to this statement, then you also have a right to complain to a supervisory authority (within the meaning of the GDPR).