Returns & Exchanges
We want you to be totally satisfied with your purchase from us. If you're not happy with something you have bought from us you can find our Returns & Exchanges Policy below. If you don't know what you should do or how to go about it give us a call on 1800 640 811 and one of our Customer Service Team will help you get the fastest fix possible.
Returns fall into two categories:
- Change of mind return - where you change your mind about your purchase.
- Faulty return - where the product purchased is
- incorrectly described
- does not do what it was intended to do.
For further information on the details of our returns policy please see our full City Beach Returns Policy, further below.
Exchanging an item you purchased at one of our retail stores couldn't be easier. Here’s how it works.
- Make sure you have your proof of purchase (receipt, bank statement etc.) .
- Ensure that the product has not been worn or damaged
- Ensure the original tags are attached to the product
- Rock on up to any store with all of the above and see one of our helpful counter staff with your product and have them validate your exchange. Then you're free to choose any product in exchange for the one you are returning
You cannot send any retail store items back to the online store.
Products purchased from a retail store are only eligible for a refund if they are faulty, different to a sample shown, do not do what they are supposed to or are of poor quality.
In some cases faulty items may be sent back to suppliers for assessment before a refund is authorised. For further information on the details of our returns policy please see our full City Beach Returns Policy, further below.
Online shoppers can exchange goods purchased online at any one of our retail stores nationwide or alternatively via the online store as a refund and re-order.
Here's how it works:
- Print out the Tax invoice which was emailed to you as an attachment with your order shipped email and fill it out completely. If you cannot find this email download our returns form and fill it out. (download the form here)
- Ensure that the product has not been worn or damaged
- Ensure the original tags are attached to the product and you have completed the returns section on your tax invoice
- Rock on up to any store with all of the above and see one of our helpful counter staff with your product and paperwork, have them validate your exchange, then you're free to choose any product in exchange for the one you are returning
If you received a discount on the item & the product in which you are exchanging is the exact same style just a different size then your exchange will be validated at the original price you paid and will not have to pay the difference.
If the product is a different style to the one in which you are exchanging for and the product chosen is in excess of the original item, then the customer will be responsible for the difference at the time of exchange. If the price of the product is less than the original purchase amount, then City Beach will provide you with a City Beach Gift Card to the value of the difference. You will then have 365 days to redeem your Gift Card.
If you wish to have the money put onto a gift card to spend at a later time please let the counter staff know & they will be able to action this for you. This gift card can be used in any of our retail stores or online. You will then have 365 days to redeem your Gift Card!
You cannot get a refund in a retail store for any product that was purchased online unless the product is deemed faulty, incorrectly described and/or does not do what it was intended to do. Please see our refund policy further below for more detail.
An online exchange couldn't be easier. It is a refund and re-order process. Here's how it works.
- All product that is sent back to our online store in its original condition will be refunded once we receive it back and then at a time that suits you or even straight away a new order will need to be placed for the alternate product you are wanting.
- If you would like to place a new order straight away then you can place the order via the website or you can contact our customer service team on 1800 640 811 and we can place a new on the spot for you. You will receive the new order within 2-4 business days (plus processing times) of when you receive the order shipped email for the new purchase. You will be charged for the new order at the time the new order is placed
- Then at a time that suits you, return the original items with your returns form/proof of purchase/tax invoice that was emailed out to you as an attachment to you order shipped email. Please see Returns & Exchanges policy for details.
- Once the product is received and your return is approved then a refund will be processed onto via your original payment method and we will email you to let you know the refund has been processed.
All change of mind returns for an exchange are only valid for 100 calendar days from the time you receive the original order of goods. Please see our refund policy further below for more detail.
City Beach is offering a hassle free 'I've Changed My Mind Policy' to anyone who shops with us online. To return an item purchased via our Web store, just follow these 4 easy steps and we'll refund your money!
- Print out the Tax invoice which was emailed to you as an attachment to your shipping confirmation email and fill it out completely. If you cannot find you tax invoice down load our returns for and fill it out completely. (download the form here).
- Ensure that the product has not been worn or damaged by you.
- Ensure the original tags are attached to the product.
- Take a drive to your local post office and mail it back to us.
City Beach E-store Returns:
PO Box 2399
Once received, City Beach will then provide you with a full product refund excluding any shipping / handling costs. We do not offer exchanges; it is a refund and re-order process
Citybeach.com.au is not able to do an exchange or refund on earrings, pierced jewelry and regular jewelry on a change of mind basis. Swimwear and underwear (due to hygiene reasons) can be returned on a change of mind basis only if it is unworn, and in its original condition with all tags and protection stickers attached. Please note that all swimwear that is sold in a set must be returned in a set.
Refunds will be given on earrings, pierced jewelry and regular jewelry products where product is deemed to be faulty by the manufacturer, does not do what it was intended to do or is significantly different from the sample or description. For more information please see our returns policy further below.
Refunds - 100 days from date of purchase
Online Refunds fall into two categories:
- Where you change your mind about your purchase.
- Where the product purchased arrives broken, damaged or does not meet a realistic expected quality
If any product is returned to us and is not in its original condition we are not able to process a return/refund for this product. You will be contacted and the product will be returned to you.
Where the product purchased arrives broken, damaged or does not meet a realistic expected quality
Please contact us on 1800 640 811 Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm Brisbane time or email us at email@example.com
City Beach will refund the purchase price of the product + all reasonable shipping costs to the customer should the customer have to pay for shipping.
If the product in question is assessed by our returns team however and deemed 'working as designed' then City Beach may refuse to refund the product and/or any shipping cost but will we contact you and ask if you would like the product returned.
If you receive an item that is faulty/damaged you may also take it into any of our retail stores for a refund or exchange. In these circumstances print out the tax invoice which was emailed to you as an attachment to your shipping email. Take this form and your product into any of our retail stores and see the counter staff.
Your product may need to be sent back to our returns department or to the supplier to be assessed before a decision can be made regarding an exchange or refund. If the product is deemed to have a manufacturing fault you may be eligible to choose between a repair, replacement or refund; as outlined by the manufacture.
If the product in question is assessed by our returns team however and deemed 'working as designed' then City Beach may refuse to refund or exchange and contact you to ask you to collect the product from the store
If you have a product that has been worn and or used but you feel has a manufacturing fault, you can send it back to us to be assessed by the manufacture. For a warranty claim you must provide a proof of purchase/order confirmation/shipping confirmation. Once the item has been assessed we will then contact you with the outcome; this can take up to 8 weeks in peak periods plus shipping times.
If the fault in the product is not deemed to be a manufacturing fault, the product will be returned to you. For item such as sunglasses, watches and go pro cameras you may be given the option to have the product repaired. If a repair is offered then we will contact you with a quote and it's up to you if you would like to proceed with the repair or have the product returned to you. If it is deemed a manufacturing fault you may be able to choose between a repair, replacement or refund; as outlined by the manufacture.
Please contact us on 1800 640 811 Monday-Friday 9am - 5pm Brisbane time or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our Customer Service Team will help you.
If the item you are returning was part of an order that qualified you for a free gift and your returned items brings your total for the order under the specified spend amount, you must return all free product for you to obtain a full refund on the product price. If you are not sure if this applies to you, please call us on 1800 640 811 Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm Brisbane time or email us at email@example.com and our Customer Service Team will help you.
- The City Beach Refund Policy aims to ensure that the company observes its obligations under the Australian Consumer Law while ensuring that customer’s rights under the law are maintained and protected.
- This policy applies to all Store and Online Team Members and Management Teams
- Default Customer is a Customer listed on POS, which can be used in instances where a Customer refuses to provide personal information when receiving a refund.
- Refund is when a Customer returns a purchased item for cash, credit card or EFTPOS reimbursement.
- Exchange is when a Customer returns a purchased item to replace it with an equivalent item. Customers generally have the option of an exchange or a credit if the item is not faulty. When an exchange is made at the Online Store it is processed as a repurchase and then refund.
- Credit is an option offered to Customers upon the return of product. A City Beach Gift Card is issued to Customers when they return product to a City Beach Store. Gift Cards can only be issued and used in City Beach Stores and the City Beach Online Store.
- Proof of purchase refers to any proof that the item was purchased at City Beach; Proof of purchase can include the original proof of purchase, a Layby agreement, or a bank/credit card statement. If the item was purchased from the City Beach Online Store, a packing slip is an acceptable proof of purchase.
- Original Proof of Purchase refers to a City Beach POS receipt or a City Beach Online Store Tax Invoice.
- Minor Fault is considered to be a minor failure of the product to comply with the consumer guarantee which can normally be fixed or resolved in a reasonable amount of time.
- Major Fault is defined by the ACCC as “one that is so severe that a reasonable consumer would not have bought the good or service if they had fully understood the problem with it”
- Current Sale Price is the price that the product is currently selling for on the POS system.
- ACL is the Australian Consumer Law which was released in November 2010 and took effect on January 1 2011.
- The Australian Consumer Law - A Guide to Provisions, November 2010
- 6.1. City Beach Stores offer a full refund if the purchased product is
- does not match the description
- And/or is not fit for purpose it was intended for, provided the Customer can provide a proof of purchase. City Beach Stores do not offer a refund if the Customer changes their mind.
- 6.2 City Beach Online Store offers a full refund if the purchased product is
- does not match the description
- and/or is not fit for the purpose it was intended for, provided the Customer can provide a proof of purchase.
- 6.3 . City Beach Online also offers a 100 day return/refund to Customers if they change their mind, provided
- they have a proof of purchase,
- the item is unworn or unused
- The item still has the tags attached or in the original packaging if applicable.
- The item was purchased through City Beach Online
- 6.4. City Beach Stores offer a credit or an exchange if the Customer changes their mind about a purchased product provided,
- the Customer has a proof of purchase,
- the item is unworn,
- the tags are still attached
- And the item is returned within 30 days of the original purchase date.
- 6.5. The following items cannot be exchanged, credited or refunded unless deemed faulty;
- Ear Buds
- Belly Rings
- Swimwear which does not have the hygiene strip attached.
- Possible appendix
- Other products we deem appropriate
- 6.6. In instances where the item has a minor fault, City Beach may choose to offer the customer a refund or exchange.
- 6.7. If the product is deemed to have a major fault, the Customer may choose between a refund, repair or exchange. City Beach is not entitled to choose the remedy for goods that are deemed to have major faults.
- 6.8. City Beach reserves the right to have product assessed by the Supplier in instances where it is unclear whether the item is faulty, or if it is unclear whether the fault is a major fault or a minor fault, provided this assessment is conducted within a reasonable timeframe.
- 6.9. In the event a Customer returns a product with a clearly identifiable fault within 14 days of purchase, and has the original proof of purchase, City Beach will immediately offer a refund or exchange.
- 6.10. Refunds, returns and exchanges must be made to the value stated on the original proof of purchase. If the Customer produces a bank statement as a proof of purchase they will be entitled to a refund, credit or exchange to the value of the current day POS price regardless of customer claims to the contrary.
- 6.11. Product purchased in Stores cannot be exchanged, credited or refunded through the City Beach Online Store. Product purchased through the City Beach Online Store can be exchanged or credited in any City Beach Store but can only be refunded through the City Beach Online Store.
- 6.12. All refunds where possible, are issued in the same tender as the original purchase. If this is not possible an appropriate tender will be issued.
- 6.13. The end dates of sales, specials and promotions in no way limit the Consumers rights to return product that is faulty or not fit for their intended purpose, as outlined by the Australian Consumer Law.
- 6.14. The City Beach Refund Policy in no way limits the rights of the Consumer as outlined in the Australian Consumer Law.